Last Updated on by My Rasoi
One of the hottest trends in the food eatery business today is the contactless QR code menu. This type of menu is all about taking mobile ordering to the next level. Customers can scan the QR code at the restaurant as soon as they are ready, without having to wait for a server. This has several benefits for both customers and businesses. In this blog, we will know the ways contactless QR code menu is taking place in restaurants, and benefitting restaurants and customers both!
What Is A Contactless QR Code Menu?
Instead of having a traditional paper menu, some restaurants are opting for a digital menu system. A contactless QR code menu is a type of digital menu that is accessed through a mobile app or a mobile website. The technological advancement and mobile users have grown to 6 billion in recent years which has forced all industries to harness the power of technology.
This created innovative ways to attract customers, such as QR code menus and digital menu boards, which have become an industry trend.
Instead of manually placing the order through verbal communication customers can directly scan the code using their mobile camera and place the order. So, this saves a lot of time for the customers. It also allows restaurants to offer more menu options with less cost and staff.
The menu is presented as a series of QR codes that customers can scan with their phones. This allows customers to browse the menu. They place their orders and pay without ever having to interact with a server or host. So, we can say that the QR menu is value-adding management, which saves a lot of time for both restaurants and customers.
How to create a digital menu?
Creating a digital menu is a great way to modernize your restaurant’s look and feel. You can also add more menu options without increasing your costs or your staff. There are several different software platforms available that will let you create your digital menu system.
Creating a digital menu requires a few different pieces of software and a small investment in upfront costs. The first thing that you will need is a digital menu builder. There are several different options for digital menu builders.
This includes software as a service (SaaS) solutions. Also, the software is downloadable and installed on your server, and desktop applications.
Most digital menu builders will have a range of different templates or themes to choose from. So, it depends on what look and feel you are going for in your menu.
If you’re interested in learning how to create a digital menu system, My Rasoi will be the best option to look for! You can follow the below steps and create a digital menu in just 15 seconds!
1. Login or Sign-Up
- When you download the app, the first step is a simple sign-up process or log in.
- After the completion of the Sign-Up process, you need to add basic details and a unique password to it.
- After creating your account you will have the access to the main dashboard.
2. Insights and Analytics
- In the main dashboard, you will be able to see a lot of analytics.
- You can see the total orders, sales, average order value, today’s total visits, and many more.
- You will also be able to see the best selling items which customers usually prefer the most.
- There will also be a section of weekly bestsellers, which restaurants can check out.
- These insights are helpful to track the restaurant sales and items which are most loved by people.
3. Adding, Editing, and Viewing The Menu
- Under this option, you can manage your inventory very smoothly.
- You can easily add new items, enter their price, upload an enticing photo and put up a new dish on the menu.
4. Generate the Contactless QR Code Menu
- In this section, you will be able to see a QR code that is generated on the screen.
- This QR code can be printed and can be put up anywhere that is on a table on the walls.
- Customers can scan this code and have access to the menu on their screen.
5. Add Discounts
- Add a desirable coupon code name and the percent of discount you want to offer.
- The option of providing an offer is in the form of a percentage or rupees.
- Then you need to add the discount amount and enable the show coupon to the customer option.
- Now that you have created a bunch of store discount coupons, you can provide them to your customers from time to time.
- You can also view the customer list and total orders or sales associated with each.
6. Share Menu With Customers
- You can share the menu in the form of a link either for home delivery or as a simple menu as well.
- This way customers will remember your restaurant and will access the menu through this link.
- You can also download the QR code, print it and stick it to your table for dine-in orders or put it in the room for room service
How To Use A Contactless QR Code Menu?
QR or Quick Response codes can be a great way to add a menu to your signage or advertising. They’re tiny QR codes that can be scanned with a smartphone camera or Google lens. It allows for extra interactivity as well. For instance, you can add a QR code to your menu that when scanned, would open your digital menu.
Contactless payments have revolutionized how consumers pay for goods and services. Now, your customers can use their smartphones to order ahead and pay without waiting in line. If you’re a restaurant, this means you can offer convenient order-ahead and make more money. This is being convenient to restaurants and customer is altogether.