Last Updated on by My Rasoi
As a restaurant owner, you’re busy working long hours to keep your business afloat. You don’t have time to be marketing your eatery. But you know your customers well enough to tailor your marketing to who your best customers are. That’s where email and SMS marketing comes in.
The best way to get new customers into your restaurant is through proven strategies like marketing through email and SMS. These two channels allow you to build a rapport with your customers. This in turn builds loyalty and can result in larger Repeat Purchases. Best of all, it’s affordable and implemented by any small business owner.
Email and SMS marketing can be a great way to expand your reach and grow your business. So, it’s an affordable way to connect with new customers. Also, builds relationships that can lead to new revenue. But, like any marketing strategy, you need to measure the results of your campaigns. This helps to determine if they’re worth it.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the process of sending emails to your customers. It is either to promote your products and services or to build a relationship with them. It’s a great way to keep in touch with customers and build loyalty. While also providing another way to promote your products and services. It’s a pretty simple concept. But, the key is finding the right balance between sending too many emails and not sending enough.
What is SMS Marketing?
Short Message Service, or SMS, is a text-based messaging service. It allows you to send text-based messages to mobile phones. SMS marketing is a form of marketing that uses SMS as a way of communicating with customers.
You can use SMS marketing to send text-based messages to your customers in a variety of ways. For example, by sending text-based advertisements, text-based surveys, and text-based offers.
You can also use SMS marketing to send text-based notifications to your customers. For example, text-based alerts when an order is placed. Another way is text-based reminders to try new dishes available at your restaurant etc.
Importance of Email and SMS marketing
Promotion of brands and attracting customers are most easily done via email and SMS. People prefer to receive marketing content when they’re ready to learn about a product or service.
- Marketing through email and SMS is the best way to reach your customers when they’re ready to buy. It’s one of the fastest and most reliable ways to build your brand. Also, to get your message in front of your target audience.
- With email marketing, you can send personalized messages that help convert customers before they buy.
- Through SMS marketing, you can deliver marketing messages to your audience. This helps when they’re most likely to engage with them.
- Text messages are a great way to reach a lot of people in a short amount of time. That’s why so many businesses rely on them for marketing.
- Email is the most popular method of direct marketing.
How does Email and SMS marketing help in business growth?
E-mail and SMS marketing are here to stay. One of the best ways to move leads to prospects is to follow up by phone. Prospects become buyers, and buyers become repeat customers.
Mentioned below are the pointers to let you know about this marketing strategy.
- Relevant Emails: People love getting emails from businesses relevant to them. So, this means your emails are more likely to get opened and read. Thus, it helps build your list which is crucial for any type of marketing. It also allows you to build a relationship with your customers over time. So, in turn increases the chance that they’ll recommend your business to a friend.
- Discounts and Coupons: To entice customers is to offer an exclusive discount or coupon. It becomes effective if you mention with a limited time “expiry date”. Thus, it makes the message relevant and increases the urgency for your subscribers to act.
- Newsletters: Through email and SMS marketing, you can keep your customers updated. They have an insight into what’s the new launch in your restaurant. You can also build loyalty by sending them birthday wishes, or “ we miss you” automated emails.
- Wider Reach: The power of text messaging is to expand their customer bases and build their brands. The ability to send and receive text messages without an internet connection is one of the top advantages of SMS in business. This gives you the ability to expand your customer base. Also, build brand loyalty, and keep your customers satisfied.
- 8% of the world’s population has visited the stores and made purchases after receiving promotional offers via text messages, according to Deloitte research.
- A 29 % response rate is achieved by messages. And, a 47 % conversion rate is achieved by audiences who responded by making a purchase.
- Customers prefer messaging to contact businesses.
- The number of people using emails will reach 4.48 billion by 2024, despite the success of text messages. This is close to half of all human beings.
What tools can you use for Email/SMS marketing?
The power of email marketing is that people are always checking their inbox for new messages. With the proper message, your target audience is more likely to check their email. With a basic set of tools, you can create a sophisticated email marketing campaign.
Mentioned below are the email and SMS marketing tools, used widely.
Mailchimp is the most popular email marketing software in the world. It makes it easy for you to craft and send compelling emails, gain new customers, and build your brand. It has the most robust email marketing platform out there, with the most features. So if you’re looking to get started with email marketing, Mailchimp is the place to start.
Omnisend is an email marketing tool that lets you send emails to your entire database, rather than a segment. This helps you build a list of engaged customers, which is key to driving revenue. Omnisend also lets you create custom email sequences. This lets you build a higher-quality list.
It is an email marketing tool that lets you create beautiful emails and send them as a service. It’s a tool that helps you build your email list, get in touch with your leads, and drive revenue through email. It is the perfect option for small businesses that want to use email marketing. Also, they don’t have enough time or the technical know-how to create their own emails. Sendinblue does all the heavy lifting for you, so you can focus on what matters most: your business.
So, E-mail and SMS marketing is an important part of running a successful restaurant. Email marketing is a great way to build your customer base and generate new business.
People love discounts and offer and get mostly drawn through them. For offering exciting discounts and inviting in more of your customers choose My Rasoi.
The app creates amazing discounts and coupons that can be shared through SMS or emails. Let customers take notice of your offers through the enticing mails curated by My Rasoi.